Responsibilities include but are not limited to Monthly Billing, Daily Office Management, Facility Management, and Information Technology.
Key Functions/Areas of Responsibility:
- Billing and Financial Operations: Complete monthly billing process according to established procedure. Responsible for all client and staff issues and questions regarding billing matters. Maintain client data base. Process opening of new client matters, process credit card payments and daily account receivable entries, as directed. Manage Fee Petitions and prepare checks.
- Daily Office Operation: Maintain office procedures manual and administrative forms, order supplies, open and distribute mail, answer telephones, maintain off-site storage and retrieval of files assist with filing, case work and day-to-day projects.
- Facility: Maintain facility, including scheduling monthly cleaning, and coordinate with landlord and vendors for all facility issues. Maintain all equipment and systems including, but not limited to phone system, copy machine, postage meter, computers, kitchen electronics and furniture.
- Information Technology: Procuring and managing IT and office equipment, vendor contracts, troubleshooting day-to-day problems, maintaining equipment and software, manage software licenses, and liaison between EDLC and Website consultant.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration and 3 to 5 years of law firm administrative experience or commensurate experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, Timeslips and Excel.
- Skilled in Information Technology, primarily troubleshooting day to day problems.
- Effective communicator with appropriate skills required for interaction with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Proven history of good judgment when making decisions. Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to solve problems and demonstrate initiative and maturity in prioritizing workload.