Robert S. Bullock Esq., CELA, CAP
Robert S. Bullock, Esq., CELA, CAP is the principal of the Elder & Disability Law Center and is licensed to practice in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. His practice focuses in the areas of Medicaid planning and eligibility, public benefits, Life Care Planning and Management, guardianships, conservatorships, disability planning, supplemental needs trusts, estate planning and general legal issue of competency, insurance coverage, Medicare and Elder Law issues.
He is recognized as a Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation (CELA) is a member of the Counsel of Advanced Planners (CAP), Chairperson of the District of Columbia Senior Resource Group (DCSRG) and a former Director of Shared Horizons, the Vimer Pooled Trust in the District of Columbia. He recently completed his term as a Commissioner on the Virginia Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Commission. Previously he served as Chairperson of the Special Education Advisory Committee to the Alexandria, Virginia School Board for two terms and as a member of the Governor's Advisory Committee on Special Education for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
In 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011 and 2013 he was recognized as one of the top Elder Law attorneys in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area by the Washingtonian. He received the Education and Leadership Award from the Association of Retarded Citizens - Riggs Bank. Mr. Bullock is qualified to serve as a guardian ad litem in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. In 2007, he served on the Estates, Trusts and Probate Committee of the District of Columbia Bar and was recognized by that Committee for, "his extraordinary contribution and dedicated leadership in the field of Elder Law." He also was recognized by the United States Department of Agriculture for his expertise in the field of Elder Law.
Mr. Bullock is an honors graduate of Lafayette College, and received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He is the only Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) practicing fulltime in the District of Columbia.
Click Here to learn more about what it takes to become a Certified Elder Law Attorney.
Click Here to learn about the Council of Advanced Practitioners.
Areas Of Practice
- Asset Protection
- Medicaid Planning
- Estate Planning
- Nursing Home Admissions
- Life Care Planning and Management
- Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Elder Law
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Veteran's Benefits
Certified Legal Specialties
- Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- District of Columbia
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania
- Honors: With Honors
- The Change Agent: Robert Bullock Puts His Passion to Work for Helping People with Special Needs, Alexandria Gazette Packet, September 29, 2005
- It's Almost A Calling: Elder Law is More than Just a Way to Make a Living to Those Who Practice it, Legal Times, January 26, 2004
- AMD, DDNR, and POLST: What You Need to Know, Virginia Lawyers Weekly, July 25, 2011
Honors and Awards
- Bullock Named one of Washington’s Best Lawyers by Washingtonian magazine, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011 and 2013