The Elder & Disability Law Center
Washington, D.C. • Tysons Corner, Virginia • Bethesda, Maryland
The challenges that face an aging or disabled family member are issues many families must confront. Proper life-care planning can allow you and your family the peace of mind that you are equipped to handle the inevitable life situations that may face that member, such as long-term care and financial stability.
The Elder & Disability Law Center is a small elder care law firm serving Washington, D.C., Virginia, and Maryland with a personalized and holistic approach to creating life-care plans. We are available to those facing sensitive and difficult legal issues relating to aging and disability and to the family and friends who care for them throughout the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area.
Life-Care Planning Services
The Elder & Disability Law Center provides comprehensive life-care planning services for our clients' needs in the areas of elder and disability law, including:
- Estate planning : We help individuals and families with all matters of estate planning, including:
- Revocable trusts
- Credit shelter trusts
- Marital trusts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Family limited partnerships
- Medicare issues and Medicaid eligibility : Our medical planning lawyers help the elderly and their relatives and caregivers understand the difference between Medicare and Medicaid, and the eligibility requirements for each.
- Nursing home admissions : The attorneys at The Elder & Disability Law Center aid clients in choosing a nursing home that is right for them.
- Guardianships and conservatorships : We help family members establish guardianships when an adult lacks the capacity to care for himself or herself.
- Supplemental needs trusts : Family members who want to supplement the income an individual receives from Medicaid can talk to us about setting up a supplemental needs trust.
The attorneys at EDLC frequently respond to other elder care questions and concerns about living wills, Alzheimer's disease, asset protection, geriatric care management and disability planning, among other matters.
Individuals and families can turn to us for further information and resources about elder law and disability issues. We also provide a valuable resource for professionals whose clientele is in need of guidance in these areas.
Contact Our Law Firm
To schedule a consultation with an experienced medical planning and elder law lawyer, contact The Elder & Disability Law Center through this website, by phone at 202-769-0207, 866-399-4324, or by e-mail.