Providing Comprehensive Estate And Disability Planning Services
Many people contact a lawyer only in a time of crisis, such as when an aging relative suffers a major illness or injury, or passes away unexpectedly. Medical, financial and legal issues can be overwhelming for family members immediately following a sudden disability or death.
Early Preparation Is A Key Factor To Avoiding Frustration And Confusion
Nothing can ever completely prepare you or your family for the difficulties that often accompany the aging process of those you love. However, proper planning can provide much-needed guidance and peace of mind.
Establishing a comprehensive estate plan is the best way to provide you and your family with peace of mind about the future. Not only does estate planning help with asset protection through tax planning, probate avoidance and lifetime transfers, it may also reduce the possibility of a will contest or legal dispute between heirs.
We Will Help You Establish An Effective Plan
At The Elder & Disability Law Center in Washington, D.C., our attorneys provide comprehensive disability and estate planning advice and services to individuals and families in the D.C. metro area and throughout Maryland and Virginia.
Your estate plan may include a number of important legal documents, including:
- A last will and testament, which takes effect after a death
- Trusts for protecting assets and providing care for family members who have special needs
- Powers of attorney
- Advance medical directives and living wills for health care decisions
As part of your planning process, we will also educate you about additional issues that may arise such as:
- Applying for and obtaining Medicaid benefits without risking your life savings or your home
- Managing a lifetime of continued care with a comprehensive Life Care Plan
- Establishing a guardianship or conservatorship for a relative who has special needs
- Administering a loved one’s estate, trust or probate process
The Elder & Disability Law Center is committed to creating a unique estate plan that addresses all of your needs and concerns as well as guides you through any legal process your family faces. To schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers, send us an email or call us toll free at 866-399-4324 or locally at 202-452-0000.